Innovative Minimally Invasive Cervical Spine Surgery
Dr. Aron Rovner is committed to using the latest technology to perform state-of-the art neck surgery at his New York and New Jersey practice. His endoscopic techniques mean patients can have surgical experiences with reduced pain, inflammation, and scarring, and enjoy expedited recovery times. Respected for his surgical abilities and patient care, Dr. Rovner only recommends surgery after all viable non-invasive treatments have been attempted. To learn more about our surgical options, and how they can improve your mobility and quality of life, contact our office today.
Neck Conditions We Treat
At New York Spine and Sports Surgery, we treat a full range of cervical injuries and conditions, including:
- Herniated Discs
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Cervical Myelopathy
Minimally Invasive Surgery for Your Neck
To reduce, and possibly eliminate, your neck pain and other symptoms, we use the latest surgical innovations. Depending on the case, our surgeries are usually performed using minimally invasive methods, including:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion: Dr. Rovner specializes in this procedure, which treats nerve pain and nerve disfunction caused by a herniated disc or a bone spur that is pressing against the nerve, a condition otherwise known as nerve root compression. During the procedure, Dr. Rovner will perform a discectomy to remove all or part of the defective disc. At this time, any other tissues compressing the spine, such as a bone spur, will also be removed. Next, a bone graft is placed between the affected vertebrate to facilitate cervical spinal fusion. In some instances, instrumentation such as metal plates and pins may be used for reinforcement.
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy and Fusion: Similar to a discectomy, this procedure relieves pressure on the spine by removing the disc and the vertebra. A bone graft or graft substitute is then inserted at the decompression site to stimulate new bone growth, and instrumentation is attached for stability.
- Cervical Disc Replacement: Another of Dr. Rovner's specialties, disc replacement is sometimes the preferred alternative to spinal fusion. After removing any tissue compressing the spine, including the damaged disc, an artificial disc substitute, such as the PRESTIGE® surgical disc, is placed into the intervertebral space. For the right candidates, this procedure can be an excellent way to retain a natural range of motion.
- Posterior Cervical Laminoplasty and Laminectomy: These two procedures can effectively treat stenosis, or the narrowing of the spine. During a laminoplasty Dr. Rovner can alleviate pressure on the spine by creating a hinge in the lamina, or the bony covering over the spinal cord. Any other tissue causing nerve compression, such as bone spurs, will also be removed. Conversely, during a laminectomy, part of the lamina is removed, rather a hinge being created in the tissue. With Dr. Rovner’s surgical precision, these procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis, allowing you to recover entirely in the comfort of your own home.
Schedule a Consultation with Us Today
If neck pain is keeping you from living life to the fullest, contact New York Spine and Sports Surgery and schedule your consultation with Dr. Rovner today.
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Aron D. Rovner is a board certified orthopedic spine surgeon in New York. Dr. Rovner implements a conservative approach towards life-changing surgical treatments.