Dr. Rovner offers a wide range of sports medicine treatments at his New Jersey practice, focusing largely on care for the back, neck, shoulders, and knees. He understands that for the professional athlete and passionate amateur alike, it is important to get back in the game as quickly as possible. For this reason, he offers a variety of non-surgical treatments, including physical therapy, anti-inflammatory injections, and minimally-invasive surgery. Contact New York Neck and Back to learn more about our sports medicine treatments.
Non-Surgical Treatment Options
Dr. Rovner takes a conservative approach to medicine, always beginning treatment with non-surgical care. Most patients respond very well to treatment such as:
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy is a cornerstone of orthopedic care. After an initial period of rest and immobilization, Dr. Rovner may refer you a top physical therapist, who will work with you on building strength, increasing range of motion, and restoring greater mobility.
- Intra-articular injections: Dr. Rovner will administer these anti-inflammatory injections directly into your injured joint. Although you may require several treatments, just one injection could give you relief for up to six months.
- Sacroiliac injections: These anti-inflammatory injections are often the optimal treatment for lower back pain. Dr. Rovner administers the injection in the sacroiliac joint, which connects your sacrum to your hip joints. You may experience significant pain relief for up to several months following a single session.
- Facet injections: Facet joints connect your vertebrae, giving your spine stability and a full range of motion. Anti-inflammatory facet injections can quickly reduce discomfort in the back, legs, and arms.
- Radiofrequency ablation: Using radio waves or electrical current, Dr. Rovner can block the nerves that send pain signals to your brain. This treatment is particularly suitable for the neck and back, although it can be used in other applications. Pain relief typically lasts for six to nine months after treatment, at which time you can undergo another ablation session.
Patients can have the peace of mind that their injections will be optimally safe, comfortable, and precise. Dr. Rovner uses advanced imaging technology when administering injections for incredible accuracy and efficiency.
Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery
At New York Spine and Sports Surgery, we also offer advanced neck, back, knee and shoulder surgery. Dr. Rovner uses state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques so you can enjoy minimized discomfort, scarring, and recovery time after surgery. By combining his surgical expertise with advanced technology, he can treat a wide range of neck, back, knee and shoulder injuries, including:
- ACL tears and sprains
- Torn meniscus
- Damaged or worn articular cartilage
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Labral tears
- Bicep tears
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
Dr. Rovner will also provide complete follow-up post-surgical care, and can refer you to a physical therapist to speed up and enhance your healing.
Call New York Spine and Sports Surgery Today
If you have suffered a sports injury, it is time to get back you back into competition. Contact our office today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Aron Rovner.